Human Resource and Office Administrator
The HR and Office Administrator will ensure that the office runs smoothly without error. This position will support Human Resources efforts by coordinating employment related activity, including but not limited to recruitment, onboarding, retention and training. In addition, this position will manage office administration, including but not limited to managing employee and offices needs; accounting/payroll administration; and assisting the Director of Operations.
Human Resource Administration
- Assist leadership team to accomplish Human Resources objectives and goals.
- Provide technical and tactical support for all Human Resource activities. Take initiative to design and upkeep HR technical, tactical and systematic needs.
- Review employee requests to determine nature of staffing action.
- Manage the HR software for ease and accessibility. Constantly evaluating company needs for software changes. Upgrading or updating as needed.
- Partner with Human Resources to ensure policy and procedure initiatives and/or standards. Reporting to appropriate managers when issues arise. In some cases, working directly with the employee to resolve issues.
- Help plan and participate in recruitment activities. Head-up recruitment sourcing, screening and initial employee communication.
- Handle pre-employment screening, including background checks and drug tests
- Develop on-boarding plans with HR.
- Coordinate new employee orientation and monitor 90-Day Probation Periods.
- Coordinate and monitor Performance Review calendar.
- Coordinate benefit enrollment and status changes.
- Maintain employee attendance records and personnel files
- Coordinate with the DOO on payroll processing. Send bi-weekly payroll changes report.
- Coordinate off-boarding logistics and paperwork. Integrate into HR software.
- Maintain visual communications for employees, removing outdated communications and posting current information on policies, benefits, schedules, performance, wellness, safety, compliance and other pertinent information.
- Coordinate and participate in internal training.
- Handle all incoming telephone calls and process in an efficient manner.
- Ensure that the front desk is staffed to receive clients and guests
- Prepare office for all client visits.
- Manage all out of town guests visits. Prepare a detailed plan for each visit including but not limited to, preparing and delivering gift baskets, making restaurant reservations, providing on-site food, coordinating with applicable team members to arrange schedules and activities, host client needs while in the office.
- Manage budget for client visits.
- Maintain a visually appealing office, clean and welcoming for employees, clients and guests. This includes all areas: workspace, kitchen and lounging areas. Hire and work with cleaning staff to maintain or improve cleaning.
- Maintain and set office organization methods, changing with office needs and purging when needed.
- Manage and maintain office equipment contracts and/or needs; order all office supplies.
- Manage Office operations budget. Meet with DOO monthly to set budget needs and present requests.
- Distribute all incoming mail and facilitate outgoing mail.
- Make all incoming deposits, sync with accounting software daily.
- Assist the Director of Operations with accounting and payroll functions. May included but not limited to accounts payable, processing invoices, and expense reporting.
- Weekly account(s) categorization in Quickbooks
- Coordinate with and hire contractors to perform repairs, negotiate cost and facilitate timing to create the least obstruction to employee work while sticking to a timeline.
- Handle request of the CEO which may include but is not limited to: assisting in unique request such and decor research and purchases, selling office items, personal assistance including, sending packages, running errands, driving car to cleaner, bringing back food or drink and any other miscellaneous need.
- May be required to cross train and perform other duties as necessary
- Attend meetings, workshops, conventions and training sessions when needed.
Organizational Astuteness, Managing Processes, Process Improvement, Reporting Skills, Change Management, Professional Relationships, Supports Innovation, Developing Standards, Administrative Writing Skills
- Trustworthy, respects high confidentiality appropriate to position
- 1+ years human resources experience preferred
- Competent knowledge of computer fundamentals including MS Word and Excel
- Possess excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to interact with the team in a fast-paced environment, remaining flexible
- Ability to multitask various roles and responsibilities simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally to all audiences