Director of Business Development
Position Type - Full Time
As the Director of Business Development, you will be responsible for driving digital marketing sales in the building materials market as well as other markets. This is a fast-paced and strategy-driven position where connecting with clients, highlighting the expertise available through a Venveo partnership and building trust and relationships is key. You will work directly with the CEO while independently pushing yourself and other members of the Venveo team to the next level. At the Director level, you will have “a seat at the table” by contributing to the long-term planning and strategy for Venveo. At Venveo, we do not just sell a product, we develop long-term partnerships with our clients. We honor each client and drive to exceed expectations to realize full potential. This position offers endless room for growth with competitive base salary and commissions.
- Own the sales strategies, goals and outcomes.
- Continually look for new opportunities to improve the overall sales process.
- Offer strategic insight to potential clients in order to drive sales.
- Exhibit a confident, charismatic personality to handle cold calls and initial meetings.
- Ensure the Venveo Hubspot CRM is organized, accurate and up-to-date.
- Work independently with minimal instruction, as well as collaborate in a team setting.
- Drive new business development to achieve and exceed annual and quarterly goals.
- Demonstrate technical and strategic consultative sales in digital marketing.
- Self-identify and self-prospect new business daily.
- Guide each client in smooth transition to a dedicated Account Strategist.
- Travel to meet with new and existing clients as needed.
- Create proposals and present solutions to prospects and clients.
- Stay informed of digital marketing best practices.
- Position yourself, Venveo and the Venveo Project Teams as proven experts in the building materials space through clear knowledge and understanding if their target audiences, the channel, the varied selling practices, common pain points, etc.
- Communicate your advanced understanding of our digital marketing services (Marketing Automation, Content Marketing, PPC, SEO, websites, hosting, etc).
- Keep a consistent pulse on building materials industry, challenges, trends etc through reading, meetings and possible travel to industry-relevant events.
- Design and develop key performance measures that align with overall company strategy.
- Work in tandem with the financial department to establish and maintain sales budgets and expenditures.
- 3+ years of leadership or management roles.
- 3+ years of selling digital marketing services.
- Proven knowledge of the Building Materials Industry.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year college or university; or equivalent experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge of software programs such as CRM.
- Current advanced knowledge of digital marketing services such as SEO, SEM, social media, marketing automation, content, websites, analytics, and targeted display.
- Strong network and reputation in the digital marketing or building materials space.
- Ability to work in a team as well as demonstrate strong independence.
- Interpersonal communication skills, especially where complex technical information is being conveyed.
- Polished and professional demeanor able to communicate with Executive level professionals.